Personal information includes any information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number.
The congregation, Cornerstone Centre and Church of St John the Evangelist recognises the importance of your privacy and personal information and we have therefore outlined below how the congregation collects, uses, discloses, and protects this information. We strive to comply fully with data protection law.
How We Collect Information
The congregation receives and stores personal information provided by members, employees, volunteers, donors and other associates. This information can be supplied to us:
- in writing or via email, by telephone conversation or on our website (e.g. when an individual is becoming a member); or
- by otherwise associating with the congregation or its organisations, (e.g. by enquiring about our work, activities, employment and volunteering opportunities); or
- when donating money to the congregation or its organisations.
We may also receive information about you from third parties.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect:
- in connection with membership records, for pastoral care purposes or in relation to your participation in our activities;
- in order to fulfil individual employment contracts with our employees (e.g. personnel administration) or for agreements with volunteers;
- in order to communicate with you (e.g. by letter, email or telephone) for example to provide information relating to our work or new developments;
- in order to further our charitable aims, e.g. such as for fundraising activities;
- for internal administration, such as for accounting purposes, or for analysing how we may better advance the Kingdom of God.
- to allow the congregation to communicate with each other through use of a shared contacts list system where there is an opt-out clause.
We have CCTV in place. We have this for the prevention and detection of crime.
Disclosure of Information
The congregation, cornerstone center and Church of St John the Evangelist may require to share personal information held for a number of reasons including to provide pastoral or other assistance, process donations or carry out any other contractual obligations. This data may be disclosed to:
- other bodies within the Scottish Episcopal Church;
- relevant agents and third parties;
- employees and/or volunteers including the charity trustees/ office bearers.
The congregation, cornerstone center and Church of St John the Evangelist does not permit these parties to use such information for any other purpose than the foregoing.
The congregation, cornerstone center and Church of St John the Evangelist may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law.
By providing us with your personal data, including sensitive personal data such as on your health, you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement.
You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
The congregation via its office bearers and employees will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that personal information is held in a secure and confidential environment and when the information is no longer needed it will be destroyed or permanently rendered anonymous.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact the administrator.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email as soon as possible to the address below*. Any information found to be incorrect will be corrected as quickly as possible.
If you wish to opt out at any point please contact us on the address below to inform us of this, so we can add you to a non-contact suppression list as required by law.